1. The Nominee of the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award shall display the logo on his/her post/page and/or sidebar.
2. The Nominee shall nominate 14 readers they appreciate over a period of 7 days (1 week) – this can be done at any rate during the week. It can be ALL on one day or a few on one day and a few on another day, etc.
3. The Nominee shall make these rules, or amended rules keeping to the spirit of the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award, known to each reader s/he nominates.
4. The components of a blog team include both the reader and the writer. The Nominee must finish these sentences and post:
“A Great Blog is…”
”A Great Blog Reader is…”
Thank you Lisa @ sheslosingitdotnet.wordpress.com for nominating me for this award! Hers is one of the first blogs I followed and I love her
fit body eyes posts.
My nominations for best team members are…
My sentence to finish was: “A great Reader is…”
A great reader is someone who responds to posts with thoughtful responses and questions. Participates in dialogue, not just sits and reads without posting any responses. I know for me, there are some days/weeks where I just do not have time or energy to respond to every post I read, but I try to respond at least once or twice a day. A great reader is positive and supportive. Criticism is only warranted when it is solicited and/or constructive and adds to the conversation. Overall, a great reader is someone who truly appreciates the posts a blogger writes and shows it. (I do not mind if someone posts to tell me I have a typo as I do not always read my posts after they are written.)
1. I will get more awards finished this weekend.
2. I do not really feel like blogging right now.
3. I am incredibly happy there have been a lot of posts to read today!
4. I have a paper to edit so it may take awhile (no run tonight but weights instead).
5. I have to go into my garage (probably tomorrow) and sort through it so I can fit at least one car in from the summer swelter.
Why am I blogging this and why should you care? I blog it because announcing intention to do something helps one to do it. (OMG, what will they think if I don’t do it? Not that I care, but the human mind still works that way). You should care because you care enough to read this. How much care y have depends on you. More another time. Love you all.
Five for Friday
I was going to start my regime this last week but, I decided to make this a goal for June. Long slow runs Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and two-a-days Monday through Thursday. Cross training will include an hour a day of yard work, cardio weights, swimming, core workouts and possibly cycling (if I can get my bike fixed). So I am looking at 200 plus miles for June (it actually comes to 230 or so but I figure life often steps in so aim low and be pleased if I overshoot). I am actually a week into meditating with regularity and properly. June will also be another month of juice only. I will work on an actual schedule each week and post it (whether you like it or not).
Air popped popcorn topped with a little salt and nutritional yeast.
I will get my awards finished this weekend. There are several. A big thanks to Amanda for all the nominations.
I found out that the nearby mall theater has the summer movie program and we went to the first movie in a theater with our kids, ever. It was ok but they were a bit spooked when there was a part in the movie that was a little tense. The dark theater combined with the threat of a volcano to our heroes on the screen was a bit too much so we sat in the wings sort of watching the climax of the movie. It all worked out and we will return next week to see Smurfs.
I am not sure if I blogged about this before, but I discovered how to get the texture of my hummus thicker, tahini. I added tahini and it made the hummus I make fantastic! Tahini is not cheap but I only need a tablespoon for each 1 or 2 cups of hummus. I love it!
Thanks for reading! Love and light. Namaste.
The Gothamite has nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I am honored for the nomination and I honestly am not sure how to respond. I have seen a few of these responses so I will give it a go.
First, Thanks! I am grateful that you like what I read enough to put my name on the list.
The rules for the Versatile Blog Award are :
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award.
5. Notify these bloggers of the nominations by linking back to one of their specific blog posts so they get notified back
7 things about me:
1. I sometimes read comic books (in my 40s).
2. I have lived all my life in Phoenix, Arizona.
3. I watch, and enjoy, Phineas and Ferb cartoons.
4. I work in a public school and, although I do not like the job, I love working with children.
5. WTH? are any of these things really about me? No, they are things about my life. Number 5? Coming up with 5 things to post on the Internet can be tricky. Maybe number 5 is that I tend to be a private person unless someone asks…
6. Related to the last one is that I have ADD.
7. I love blogging and I love even more the fact that people read the things I write and comment back.
Most of those I nominate probably already have this oth other awards but I find that they deserve the awards. I will try to nominate people who do not have this or the other awards I will be nominating but it gets hard because I like to think I
don’t just sit and read a zillion blogs because I am bored have decent taste in the blogs I read 15 bloggers who I feel deserve this award:
Some of these are hilarious, some are informative, they are all entertaining and usually find a way to combine the three together making them extremely versatile.
The Jiggly Bits
knocked over by a feather
Free Range Cow
Meditating Mummy’s Blog
The Blonde Hair Blue Eyed Runner
Juicing and My Life
Balanced Fitness for Life
Sarah’s Brand New Chapter
This is by no means an exhaustive list but I am exhausted looking through all the blogs I like to find people to nominate. I want to say that I love every one of the blogs I follow. I love the bloggers and their blogs. I could have included a couple hundred blogs in this list and this is why it took me so log to finish this post. I had the top part written a couple weeks ago and I have been going through my list of blogs to choose 15 for this award nomination. I guess I took this seriously and personally in getting and giving this nomination.
I did not meet my goal this weekend. I was hella tired because I got little sleep with my children waking up I the middle of the night (one each night) for a few hours. When they were awake, they kids needed extra attention because they always do this when I need to do something. I got housework done but little else. I did get started on the Versatile Blogger nomination and will post that once I get all my own nominees entered. The others will come shortly after.
I want to apologize to those that have nominated me for awards. I have not gotten to them (obviously) (is there a time limit on these?). I was going to get to them last night but other things I have been putting off got in the way like cleaning house so the mice and roaches do not move in and evict us. You think I kid but there are mice living in the neighborhood and they are just looking for any excuse to take up residence where food is readily available.
My goal for this weekend is to finish those awards. I am grateful for the nominations but life has really gotten in the way lately.
Holding steady at 175.
P90x has not started yet but I am still lifting weights and running. I have succeeded in changing my form to a forefoot strike and I feel it is faster for me. I am getting back into the groove cardio wise.
I love the minimalist shoes. I have always been more of a minimalist with my shoes anyway. I ran around without shoes when I was a kid and I rarely wear shoes now. Stronger feet is the key to where I want to go athletically and this is how I will get there.
I meditate over an hour each day. Not the best times but before sleep and when I wake up are when I manage it with my current schedule.
I have it been able to visit many blogs lately but I will catch up this weekend as well.
My kids are doing a Tryathalon this Sunday. Run, trike, swim. That will be really fun.
Thanks for reading! Love and light, namaste.
Are you struggling with any personal goals? Is your personal schedule constantly interrupted by external factors? How do you deal with it?