I know it has been awhile since I actually posted. I have been creating posts in my head and I even thought of some pics for Wordless Wednesdays. A lot has been happening that I need to write about but I am still too mentally cloudy to put it all down yet. But, just a few things…
- A friend gave us a really nice juicer and it is rather awesome. Not a blender but an actual blender. I am extremely grateful for that.
- I am currently still unemployed, so actual juicing is not really in the picture.
- I am not a fan of online job applications. I have applied for several jobs but, they do not generally contact you unless they are going to interview you. This is rather rude considering all you have to go through for some of these applications. One site basically ran me through the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (a personality test). This application took 1.5 hours to complete. One site sent me an email saying they were going with other applicants at this time. No explanation, no way of contacting anyone about this. I get that I might be overqualified to work in a running apparel store, but give me the chance to discuss this before you dismiss me. There must be some reason I left my previous full-time job with a salary and benefits to apply for a minimum wage job.
- I found some nice minimal shoes at Ross for only $40. That was really awesome. These shoes are Vibram Minimus and they are the real deal. It is like wearing a tough pair of socks. They do not carry the heat and they allow my feet to splay out as if I were barefoot.
- I discovered my new best friend, The Stick. I bought it years ago for ITB issues but, now I use it to roll my calves and recovery is amazing. I am able to do over 30 miles a week now.
- I am swimming between 300 and 1000 meters every day in the pool before or after I run. I will be starting my new training schedule soon. I figure I will do as I did last year, start on October first.
- I signed up to volunteer for an aide station at the Ironman Arizona this year. This allows me to have first dibs (besides the current participants) at signing up for the race next year.
Thank you for continuing to be patient with me. Namaste.